Text Size   decrease font size increase font size

Benefit Programs For Veterans - http://www.va.gov/

Disability Compensation- Monetary benefits and health care are provided to veterans who are disabled by injury or disease incurred or aggravated during active military service. The veteran must have separated or been discharged under conditions that were other than dishonorable.
Pension Veterans with low incomes may be eligible for monetary support if they have 90 days or more of active military service, one day of which was during a recognized period of war. The discharge from service must be other than dishonorable.

Education And Training- www.gibill.va.gov

  • The Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008
  • Montgomery GI Bill 
    • Eligibility
    • Discharge 
  • Montgomery GI Bill (Selected Reserves) 
    • Period of Eligibility 
    • Counseling 
    • Work-study  
  • Vocational Rehabilitation
    • Eligibility
    • Benefits 
    • Period of Rehabilitation program 
    • Rehabilitation program costs 
    • Life Insurance

Burial Benefits- www.va.gov

  • Burial in National cemeteries 
  • Headstones and Markers
  • Burial Flags

Home Loan Guaranties- www.benefits.va.gov/homeloans

  • Eligibilities
  • Guaranty Amount
  • Required Occupancy
  • Closing costs

Benefits For Survivors- www.vba.va.gov/survivors/index.htm

  • Dependency And Indemnity Compensation (DIC) 
  • DIC payments to Surviving Spouse
  • DIC payments to Children and Parents 
  • Aid and Attendance Allowance 
  • Housebound
  • Death Pension 
  • Dependents' Education
  • Monthly Payments

Health-care Benefits- www.nebraska.va.gov

  • Hospital and Outpatient Care 
  • Nursing-Home Care
  • Alcohol and Drug Dependence Treatment
  • Home Improvements And Structural Alterations
  • Medical Care For Dependents And Survivors

Other Federal Benefits- www.va.gov

  • Job-finding Assistance 
  • Job-training Partnership Act
  • Disabled Veterans Outreach Program 
  • Small Business Administration
  • Death Gratuity
  • Correction Of Military Records
  • Replacing Military Records

Appeals- www.va.gov

  • Board Of Veterans' Appeals 
  • U.S. Court Of Veterans' Appeals

Where To Go For Help- For questions about any of the above information or anything concerning veterans' benefits contact your local County Service Officers at:

Douglas Co. Veterans' Service Center
1111 South 41st Street, Suite 110
Omaha, NE 68105
or call: (402) 444-7180
Fax: (402) 444-4114
or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.